Announcing Climate Week and the Ashland Climate Challenge Kick-off with OSF
We are thrilled to announce a series of events from Nov. 6-15th focusing on climate change and clean energy for our community. Join us to learn more about how you can be involved and how to take the Challenge in 2016.
Here’s an overview of upcoming activities:
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory- The City of Ashland is having an inventory developed to help us identify where our emissions come from. It will be available this fall.
- Climate Week- November 6-15th will feature movies, speakers, musical events, bike parade, and more.
- First Friday Art Walk- November 6th come see Rogue Climate's community climate art installation downtown.
- The Hearth will hold a special event Nov. 14th in partnership with OSF, to share true stories of Embracing Challenge and support a local renewable energy project for our schools.
- Ashland Climate Challenge Kickoff with OSF!- November 15th we will put on a public event at the Historic Armory where you can learn about the THREE things people can do to compete in the Ashland Climate Challenge. We will feature speakers and community leaders for a panel discussion on clean energy and climate preparedness.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival will perform short plays on climate change at the Kickoff Nov. 15th. Claudia Alick will treat us to her signature poetry.
- Ashland Climate and Energy Action Plan– A group of community members is leading a 1-year planning process to be followed by immediate and ongoing implementation of actions that reduce emissions and protect us from impacts.
The Geos Institute is honored to be working in our hometown of Ashland with an inspiring group of local partners. We are currently looking for sponsors to provide funding and prizes for the Ashland Climate Challenge. We will highlight business sponsor logos on all our outreach materials - its a great way to show that you are a leader on climate change!