Climate Adaptation Plan for Metro Government of Louisville
The Geos Institute is honored to be working with the Office of Sustainability to develop a Vulnerability Assessment and Climate Adaptation Plan for the Louisville Metro Region. We are teaming with Climate Access to increase dialog with local stakeholders. This important and exciting work will commence in February 2019, and continue throughout most of the year.
The official kickoff for this project was held on March 22, 2019 at the Metro Development Center in downtown Louisville. With 24 people in attendance, the Geos Institute and Climate Access provided an overview of Whole Community Adaptation and the engagement process designed specifically for Louisville. Many people from Metro Government and local community organizations described how their work relates to and can complement this project (and vice versa). After the general kickoff, a meeting was held with members of a Strategy Team, comprised of community members and metro staff from diverse sectors. This team brainstormed how to ensure it is representative of the full range of diverse populations in Louisville.
- Kickoff Agenda
- Kickoff Slides
- Louisville Adaptation Planning overview
- Louisville climate change factsheet
- Louisville Office of Sustainability
- Geos Institute's ClimateWise program
- Climate Access - Sharing what works
- Louisville’s Urban Heat Island Project
- Draft Resilience Strategy for Louisville
- Louisville Metro Hazard Mitigation Plan