Tillamook Estuaries Partnership – Project Dashboard
Begins January 2017
Located on the North Coast of Oregon, the Tillamook Estuaries Partnership is dedicated to protecting and restoring five Tillamook County estuaries and watersheds. The Geos Institute is thrilled to have the opportunity to assist the TEP in conducting a Vulnerability Assessment to assess climate risks to Tillamook Bay resources, including wildlife, fisheries, forestry, and water. We will follow the process outlined in the EPA’s workbook on developing Risk-based Adaptation Plans to identify risks and prioritize them for action. Based on those findings, we will develop an Adaptation Strategy for the region.
The ClimateWise process that we will be using is highly collaborative and relies on stakeholder participation and local expertise. We welcome participants from a variety of backgrounds and areas of interest. For more information, please contact Dr. Marni Koopman at 541-482-4459 x303 or email@example.com.
|Project organization and planning
|Climate science review
|March – April
|Produce climate impacts report
|Small group expert consultations
|Vulnerability Workshop for stakeholders
|Preliminary Vulnerability Report
|Expert consultations on adaptation
|Adaptation Strategy workshop for stakeholders
|Final report and release
- Project proposal by Geos Institute
- Being Prepared for Climate Change: A Workbook for Developing Risk-Based Adaptation Plans
- Climate Change in the Tillamook Bay Watershed. 2013. OCCRI.
- DRAFT Climate Science Primer for Tillamook Estuaries and Watersheds. 2017. Geos Institute.
- Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Options Study. 2014. ODOT.
- State of the Bays Report. 2015. Tillamook Estuaries Partnership.
- The West Coast Ocean Acidification and Hypoxia Science Panel: Major Findings, Recommendations, and Actions. 2016.
- Coastal Flood Hazard Study, Tillamook County Oregon. 2015. DOGAMI.
- The Neskowin Coastal Erosion Adaptation Plan. 2013.
- FEMA Multi-Hazard Risk Report for Tillamook County
- Sea Level Rise for the Coasts of CA, OR, and WA. 2012.
- Regional Framework for Climate Adaptation: Clatsop and Tillamook Counties. 2014.
- Final ESA Recovery Plan for Oregon Coast Coho Salmon. 2016.
- Climate Change Adaptation Strategy Report. 2012. ODOT.
- Adapting to Coastal Erosion Hazards in Tillamook County: Framework Plan. 2011.
- The Third Oregon Climate Assessment Report. 2017. OCCRI.
Receive the latest news from ClimateWise
ClimateWise grows its programs through the generous support of caring people who believe we can and must do a better job addressing climate change for our children and those who will follow.